How funny it is to join a basket boat tour ! You will much enjoy to row a basket boat, a unique boat used for fishing in the river in Viet Nam only.
Please note that 2$ of the Hoi An Food Tour fee goes to our Charity Campaign “Great food for Great Cause“
- Guide welcome at the hotel lobby, Then ride a bicycle to the herb village – a little charming village lies on the edge of Hoi An. It is named after the sweetly scented vegetable. There you can get the wonderful farming life scenery with plenty of vegetables and local farmers hard-working on their own garden..
- Then, keep riding a bike to the wharf, where you can take a cruise along Thu Bon river to Cam Thanh Village – it is about 4 hectares , during Vietnamese war, this was a shelter for local people and soldiers.
- On the cruise, you will have a chance to enjoy the sightseeing on the river and many opportunities to take your own photo. It is more and more peaceful and simple you feel about the local life. Keep straight to the fishing village to explore the Water Coconut Palm with the unique basket boat and visit the lake of shrimp , there you will have chance to touch the fishing life by catching fish with the local fishermen’s net . Learn how to paddle the Vietnamese unique bamboo basket boat. Explore the tranquil coconut palm flanked waterways of a past war and hear of the extreme conditions endured by soldiers of both sides.
- All of these activities make up an unique and special tour that will be an unforgettable experience on your trip to Vietnam. Transfer to land and back to hotel by bike. End of the tour.
Our office on the map: click here
- Duration: 5 hours
- Pick-up/drop-off location: Your hotel in Hoi An
- Tour type: Private tour
- Note : The children under 8 years old are not allowed to join the tour.
- Experience cruising along the Thu Bon River in a basket boat
- Visit the village of Cam Thanh and learn about the history of the Vietnam War
- Enjoy the spectacular sights along the river
- Enjoy cycling to an herb village
- Experience the rural life in the fishing village, where you can explore water coconut palm and try fishing for shrimp
- Enjoy tasting the local food
- Entrance tickets
- Basket boat
- Anything not mentioned above