How to make Cassava Cake
– 1 pack frozen grated cassava 400g
– ⅓ or ½ cup sugar (70-100g adjust to your taste)
– ¾ cup shredded coconut (can be bought frozen)
– 165ml coconut milk ( 2/3 cup)
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1tbsp vegetable oil
– 9g vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1. Preheat oven 180°C/350°F.
2. Thaw and drain the cassava to remove excess water (with help of a strainer or cheesecloth).
3. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
4. Grease baking pan. Pour in the mixture and flatten the surface.
5. Bake about 60 mins or until golden. (When a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, it’s done).
6. Let the cake cool completely before cutting and serving.