Escape from the bustling city just about 15 minutes by cycling from Hoi An old quarter, you will enjoy a farming area with nice weather and lovely people, a green area called Tra Que vegetable village. It’s an easy bicycle ride and a quite scenic one. You will see rice fields, glassy rivers, and lazy water buffaloes lounging in the mud.
- Departure Time: 7.30 am to 11.30 am
- Meeting point: 119 Tran Quang Khai St, Hoi An, Quang Nam 550000, Vietnam (Opposite Tu Anh Restaurant).
- Duration: 3 hours- bicycle
- Tour type: Join tour
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
- Distance: 6 km (round trip)
- Tour Price: 25 USD/ 1 adult. Children aged 5- 9: 15 USD
- Children under 4: free (go with parents)
Activities at Tra Que Village
1. Be a farmer
You are fascinated by watching the farming procedures of local farmers, including: raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other activities which are rarely seen in modern daily life. You can join one of the local farmers and get a feel of what it is like to work the land. Get your hands muddy and the photo opportunities are endless. As well you will listen to people talking about organic farming techniques and try their hand at actual farming.
2. Make rice paper
Have eaten fresh Vietnamese spring rolls? Rice paper is what it used to wrap the rolls. If you are interested in the process of rice paper making – rice grinding, boiling, stretching and drying – then there is a workshop just for you.
3. Eat Pho (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)
On the way back to town, you will enjoy Pho- Hoi An version. Pho Hoi An is a different version with Pho Hanoi. The chewy noodles are dried from the fresh ones, then it is dipped in hot water. The hot broth is made by simmering beef bones and oxtails and ground peanut is added to enhance the flavor as well as richness. Pho Hoi An is very appealing because Pho is very light-tasting, you can see everything in the bowl
- Our tour guide will welcome you at our office 119 Tran Quang Khai St, Hoi An, Quang Nam 550000, Vietnam (Opposite Tu Anh Restaurant).
- Take a ride to a farm in Tra Que village
- Learn and try your hand at local traditional rice paper making.
- Join the farmers in gardening activities, from preparing the land to picking vegetables.
- Interact with local people and know a typical life of local people
- Cycle back along country roads
- Enjoy a light lunch with local Pho (beef noodle soup)
- Back to the Office
- Children’s bicycle available, 6 years and over.
- Bicycle with children’s seat available upon request.
Tour Includes: Bicycle, Helmets on required, English speaking tour guide, Entrance fee, Activities, Water, Light lunch (Pho), Many photo opportunities
Tour excludes: Gratitude, Personal fee
What to bring: Sun protection creams & lotions, Fully charged cameras, Caps/hat, Footwear – flip-flops, thongs, sandals…, Sunglasses